RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 PM
tclaridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

I finally got my Spit in the air. Easy to trim and hand launch. Most gentle stall of the three PZ warbirds. Hardly dropped the nose at all, and did not tip stall. Must be the elliptical wing! I did have a problem keeping the plane level in roll. It would either roll left or right, depending on the last direction of turn. So it was not a trim problem. I figure it must be the binding of the metal control rods in the wing.

So after very carefully extracting and using WD-40 on the metal control rods, I put them back and buttoned up the wing back on the fuse. I removed the aileron servo arm to reconnect them. Wasn't too hard since I just punched the small screwdriver right through the foam to unscrew and re-screw the servo arm onto the servo. I also put a piece of clear tape on that lower seam between the cowl and wing. That should keep the dirt and grass out during landings. I also did the same to my FW-190. That seam becomes a real dirt scoop on landing!

I will report if this gets rids of the roll tendency.

I also liked the climb rate of this bird (it is the lightest of the three warbirds). I hardly used any battery on an eight minute easy flight (about 700 mah) that included loops, rolls, and WOT fly bys.