RCU Forums - View Single Post - duraplane aerobat 40
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Thumprding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: duraplane aerobat 40

Put a hot 45 to 50 in it and have fun boring holes in the sky. Sure it will take more speed to land and more speed to take off but that is to be expected because the wing is short and yes the plane is a a little heavy.

A number of people give these planes a bad rap (okay I am old) but really they are not that bad at all. I have seen and flown the Trainer 40, Stick and Durabat. Once you understand that you are flying a plane that can take a beating and keep on going and that you need to fly it a little faster than most of the built up planes of similar size they do just fine.

If you do not want a PVC and Foam plane then I would suggest any of the 40 sized fun fly planes. An Uproar would be a good choice.

ORIGINAL: bobrev06x

just wondering if you guys (or gals) have flown one of these duraplane aerobat 40 planes. i've been looking for some sort of a high winger for springtime and saw this thing in the tower hobbies sight. looks like it might be a fun one to work the winter bugs out on. anyone had any experiences with one of these planes? thanks in advance.