RCU Forums - View Single Post - cracked fuel tank
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 12:25 AM
SteveHouston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cracked fuel tank

I ordered and built an Evo Trainer and flew it a couple times. Had some problems with it and was trying to get it trimmed out when I noticed that the fuel tank was leaking. Found out the seam along the neck of the tank was cracked and leaking. I don't know if it was like this when I installed it or it happened later. I would like to buy a new fuel tank for this plane as I have not been able to find one by another manufacturer that's the same long and narrow shape.

Over the past several months I have called a few times and not had an answer, left a few messages that were never returned, got the standard cut 'n paste responses to my emails I've seen in a few other posts

Dear Customer,

We will have someone to call back to you on this issue in 1 to 2 business days.

Regards,

and then 2 emails later

Dear Customer,

If you are having an issue with your item, please call tech support at 626-968-9860 or 626-261-4960 from 12-6 pm pacific time.

Regards,

last year I managed to actually get a response to some emails and they just kept hammering that they needed my order number. I have no idea what my order number was, and since I know what model plane I have and want to buy a part for it, I don't see what it matters.

Anyway, I have been trying on and off for a year to get a new fuel tank and haven't even been able to get a legitimate response. Now that I've found this forum I"ll give it a shot as well. If there is anyone that knows how I can get them to allow me to buy a tank please let me know. Even better, if anyone knows where I can buy a tank from another manufacturer that's this strange size I would much prefer that that trying to deal with Nitroplanes.

Thanks,
Steve