RCU Forums - View Single Post - Challenger 40 pusher IC .40
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:39 PM
theradioflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger 40 pusher IC .40

I had a Thunder Tiger 46 pro with APC p10x7 and a pitts muffler, loud as heck with this set-up! I bet I could have worked on it more and made a fairly decent flying brick out of her. As it was I put a 1000mah big nicad pack as far forward as possible and added a 3x2x1 inch block of lead as far forward as possible. I've been in R/C for 17 years and know the value of not adding weight, so this was a shocker. This is such a beautiful plane though and for $109 it wouldn't stop me from trying. The flight I had with it, ( when I finally got it off the ground), was tense. I flew a pattern, then did a roll, and then shot six approaches before dumping it into the runway. If I had shimmed the motor it would have been much more successful. As it was I didn't want to damage the plane and I think it looks wonderful hanging in my shop. I believe that they re-engineered the wing so that it's much more easy to remove. Mine has about ten screws to take out to get it all apart so it was better left as a whole. Did I mention this is a beautiful looking plane?

Cheers,

Jay
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75060.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	642882