RCU Forums - View Single Post - 101" C-130 arf
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:44 AM
blairsparrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 101" C-130 arf

Hi,

The Fuz is a plastic skin with ply formers and carbon rods as stringers. This is my first experience of this sort of construction, and I have to say it seems to wok just fine. The quality of the ARF overall is another story.

So far I have returned & exchanged:
1)the fuselage (due to cracks, poor quality joining on the halves, poor paintwork),
2) the nose leg and retract (very sloppy)
3) one wing pylon / tank (poor finish, visible use of filler which wqas cracking and falling out)

I've also experienced a variety of construction niggles and problems. The locknuts are all either contaminated with glue or poorly threaded, which has resulted in some severe difficulties in assembly. As for the nose gear doors, the supplied mechanism just does not work reliably. I'm starting from scratch there.

Its a shame because I feel that for any company to undertake such an ambitious ARF model commercially is commendable, and by the time you've bought the model and retracts you've spent 500 pounds (nearly $1000 US)- its not a cheap model. Thats before your fitted 9 servos and four engines, etc.

Having got this one together, I could'nt reccomend it on its quality. I just hope it flies better than it builds, although I am a little concerned about the wing loading numbers. I have not worked them out, but an 8 kilo bird on those wings seems high to me. I'll certainly be keeping the speed up on approach.

If anyone has any flying tips (especially for electric herc's) I'd live to read them here....