RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Skydivers in Virginia area
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 07:38 AM
hansie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Skydivers in Virginia area

In order too make you're rc skydiver swoop you need a whole lot of servo's to make it work.
i am planning on building a rc skydiver for that purpuse i just have a lot of problems finishing my drop plane(basicly i have no time to complete it)and noone else has a dropplane in my club.
How i am planning to build it:
-Make a really big skydiver(as big as possible,the bigger he is,the more place to put the extra servo's)
-to make you're canopy dive you basicly only need one servo on 1 front riser(in real skydiving most swoopers always take the last turn to the same side,in my case it whas right 270°)
-then you would need 2 servo's on the back risers,these are used to level out the canopy after the dive.You do not use the arms(brake)to level the chute cause this slows the canopy down and you do not want that,you would want to go as fast as possible for as long as possible!!!! Then when the canopy is finally losing speed and lift you would switch from riser to steering line(arms)control.

This is how i am planning to control it:

-one switch for deployment
-right stick for the arms,requires some programming on you're transmitter(up,down,left,right)
-left stick to do the same with the back risers
-since there are no sticks left i would use a switch on the right stick to control 1 front riser( if you want you can build in a servo on the other riser and control it with a switch on the left stick,then you can choose what side too turn to).

Further more you should build a small canopy so you get high wingloading and this basicly is the hard part.I have taken all the measurements from my stiletto135 before i sold my gear,this is not a high performance canopy but its faster then the general canopy (its slightly elleptical shaped too).I hope that will turn out to be a fast canopy (i hope i can find the notes because i have no idea where i left them)

Blue skies
by the way: I would love to see some more vids and pics of rc skydivers so if anyone has some......And Pieter ,great site you have!!!!!!!!