RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question about Futaba 9c 50 mhz output.
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 03:28 AM
Lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Futaba 9c 50 mhz output.

I doubt it's standard at 1 watt. You'll have to check with Futaba, and then see if you can find someone that can modify it legally. Keep in mind, having a HAM license gives you a permit to broadcast on those frequencies. If I'm not mistaken it gives you absolutely no rights to alter FCC certified hardware, and it's still illegal to do so. I haven't been through all the FCC regulations regarding HAM users yet but it's not a license to kill so to speak => Just a license to broadcast on legal hardware. You're still legally liable if any hardware you're operating is interfering with something else. BTW. If 50MHz is generally clean then don't bother increasing the wattage, it'll just drain a few hundred more milliamps from your battery. For almost all cases you want to use the minimum transmitter power that will give you a clean signal at an acceptable distance. If your transmitter is tuned properly and the spectrum is relatively clean, you'll have no problems getting proper range at the existing wattage.