RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 09:16 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0 preview

I've been a busy beaver working latley! But I have had some time to order up all the goodies I have been saving for.

O I am ready wave sleeper! and so is my nitro smokin brushless converted LST [8D] I tested it on 12 cells the other day and I got 33MPH of wheel spinning dirt throwing acceleration. I can only wonder how 14 cells will do [X(] For it's size it's pretty fast. I think you guys will really dig it.

Just got my boat kits the other day from Randy at BBY. I am still trying to get a manual from him on how to build this 21" mono kit i got, it did'nt come with any [&o] I've never built a boat before so it's kinda tough looking.

I got 39 cells to make battery packs out of too. 9 are cheap duratrax cells and 30 are some nice ib3800 cells.

Also, got an order made from RCboyz on ebay. Some wire...Battery bars, FM crystals for my RX's (screw spektrum for boating!!!![:@]) and a few other Misc items....

Also, my fine design RTR 32" mono came the other day too....REALLY NICE. But they ebay seller packed it like crap and the rudder came broke and the prop came with bent tips. He offered to refund me 100 bucks I took it and am cleaning the prop up myself and a 21$ SV27 rudder is 99% identical to a speedmaster, or finedesign 4" rudder (all 3 appear to be almost identical, but I would guess the FDM and SM rudders are machined from better aluminum maybe ) So I am replacing my FDM rudder with a 1/2 price SV27 rudder.....Should work......Grim's the man!

Also, got a support box going together. Kinda like how you nitro guys use one to carry fuel, I am going to build mine as a charging station with some external power taps and a couple of gell cells inside so I can charge packs out on the lake front [8D]

Yes, this fun run is good be fun and I am positive there is gonna be a ton of cool gear from everyone to check out!!! Bare minimum my table!

Sky, got your PM's of course. Good seeing you the other night man. Gonna have to get together sometime soon and play some xbox! Thanks again for letting me borrow the starter box!

Later dudes!
ORIGINAL: wave waker

Hey Chris, u change ur name here ha! well, remember my crappy warhead last time, it's well moded this time, got a OS .30 on it, starting putting aluminum parts..this thing can hang around with ur truck this time be ready..hahaha!

jul

ORIGINAL: FE_Chris

O it's gonna be a blast! I know it! Last time I was'nt prepared. I did'nt have a table, or any shade, I was starting my boats from the ground......This time I am bringing me a table....Some food...drinks.....All that stuff. Plus I have a Nikon Cool pics camers that takes nice video's with sound (nice for a digi cam video). There are stores around and such...But I hate to leave the pond except to go to the LHS thats just a few miles away.....You never know what might catch your eye in a LHS

Also, last time I did bring a nitro MT. It crapped out on me.....Just like my radio and everything else did that day This time the nitro MT is NOT gonna crap out and I am also gonna bring my Brushless Losi LST with me too! Just incase anyone else has some trucks.....it's fun to take a break sometimes and run the MT's through the grass. Plus people are always inpressed by how fast my Mayhem ST accelerates! it's like a bullit! and sooooooooooooooo fun to drive!!!!

So the count is MINIMUM 2 trucks and 3 boats. I'm not driving 2 hours to have sometime crap and I have to watch all afternoon

ORIGINAL: gooycheese

This does sound like it will be a Great Day !!! I hope to bring my TC31, my .12 rigger and maybe a sv27 if one of my friends comes with me Sorry I wont be able to goto the pub afterwords I have a club race the next day about 5 miles from my house so that shouldn't be a problem getting there. Between now and then if anything else is built I will bring it also.

Paul