RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 10:07 PM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54

Hey Gleb,

I know exactly why it looks like that...took me a while when I first was trying solidworks to figure it out. I am 99% sure that you are not using any guide cures running between the two profiles (it looks as though you have for the first pictured loft). Guide curves tell SW how things should look between the two profiles. I am not at my CAD PC otherwise I'd post a couple pics showing exactly what I mean. But if you look a few posts back when I replied to one of your SW questions, I put a picture up of a cowl I lofted. You can see the lines connecting the two profiles at 12,3,6,8 o'clock. And so when I loft, the loft follows those guide curves. I usually go into 3D sketch mode to make the guide curves...also make sure that each profile physically touches the guide curve by making them "coincident"

Stringers are super easy, and again, I wish I had pictures for you. Actually, I'll save the stringer tutorial for another night. Just too lazy to go and fire up the CAD PC right now. I am bagged from building my 50cc Yak all today. Everything but the elevators is pretty much done and I am now waiting on the monokote to arrive at my door.

The 109 is looking good!

John