RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0 preview

While you're in here, I'll give you the directions from the east side of the state MsDarla came in a different route that I gave out last year and it seemed to work well for her.
I-94 to exit 81 (I-94 Business Loop). Go to the 2nd light, Sprinkle Road. Turn right and go to "H" Avenue. Turn left and that will take you to Gull Road. Left onto Gull Road and the 3rd traffic light will be Brook Drive. It only goes right. Down that road it will curve to the left and go downhill. At the bottom of the hill is the park entrance. Once inside, take the left fork. We'll be down towards the SW corner of the lake almost across from the water tower.
Those coming in from the west can use almost the same route except get off !-94 at exit 80. That is Sprinkle Road. If you miss exit 81 those coming in from the east you can also get offat exit 80. You just miss the traffic mess there.
Those coming in from US-131 from north of Kalamazoo use the first Kalamazoo exit past the "D" Ave. rest area. You get off the highway on the left, not the right. Take that to the 1st off-ramp to Douglas Avenue. Go 1 block north (left) to Mosel/Barney road. Mosel is to the right go take Mosel all the way to the end. That will be Virginia, turn right and to the end. Turn right and about 300 feet down Mt. Olivet is the park entrance. Look for the water tower on the horizon as you're coming in that Business Loop.