RCU Forums - View Single Post - cracked fuel tank
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 11:46 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cracked fuel tank

ORIGINAL: SteveHouston

Nope. Like I've said in every message I've posted here, I have no idea what it is. The plane is probably 2 years old and I didn't happen to write the order number down and put it in my safe deposit box. Since you obviously work for the company maybe you can answer this: if I sent you the name/model of the plane, the link to it on your site, the picture of it, and asked to BUY another one, why do you need the order number? What if I saw someone else who had one, thought it was a great tank, and wanted to buy one? Would you sell it to me even though I didn't have an order number?

Thanks,
Steve
I do not work for nor have any affliation with Nitroplanes. I'm just another "customer" who feels very well treated by them.

They always reference the order numbers when they are attempting to treat things as a replacement for a problem.

It sounds like they want the order number for two reasons:

1 - To try to fix something which may have been wrong with your original shipment
2 - To be sure that they are able to send you the right thing

The items pictured on the web site undergo revision. I've gotten and asked for parts based upon the web page, only to find that they would not fit due to revision (I knew I was taking this chance when I ordered the item and I was able to adapt...).

The order number is the easiest way to refer back to what you are talking about.

On a 2 year old plane your best bet will be to remove the existing tank and measure it.

Then use the measurements to find a suitable Dubro, Sullivan, etc. replacement tank. This will be far more expedient.