View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 AM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54

Hey Mods!

Long time no see!

That is a background that is part of what is called an "environment" in SW (you could technically substitute your own background). So basically, this is the "outdoors" environment that the image is rendered in. Depending on which one you choose, it can look more or less realistic because the lighting is different for each one. Very cool to play around with. The color/effect for each surface is dragged and dropped from a palate within SW. Once you have skinned each surface and chosen a background you hit the render key and then go away and make a coffee, play with the cat and then when you get back to PC it is rendered for you as you see it above. If you zoom in on the image a bit you can see trees and buildings actually reflected off of the surface. This is the landscape around the image put in by SW (you can choose your own too). Pretty cool! Of course that is merely eye candy stuff. Doesn't make it fly any better in the end! But, always nice to visualize it.

Brent, good to see you making some headway. I forewent the louvers for my balsa/ply cowl but will make a plug for them one day. How is that 10 foot wingspan yak coming along with your pal from CA.?

Cheers,

J