RCU Forums - View Single Post - 101" C-130 arf
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 11:25 AM
blairsparrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 101" C-130 arf

Meanwhile, back in the C-130 forum..... (just kidding- beatiful f-15's. My next project, with any luck).

My ASM C130 is now fully assembled and in testing. The four electric engines ran together in taxi tests for the first time today, and its a great sound. I balance the props thoroughly, but the supplied spinners run a little off balance, but this helps the throbbing effect that four engines generate. Theres always one that is noticably more "throbby" than the others, but I love it!

While taxi and power tests only, there is definately no shortage of power with Axi 2826/12's on APC 12 x 8 thin props. Accelleration is very quick.

I ended up building a battery tray in the fuz just forward of the main gear bay to take the LiPo's for the outer pair of engines. This was to achieve the required CG (no lead allowed in my models if at all possible) and also to reduce the weight of the outer nacelles. This is to reduce stress on the spar, and the likelyhood of failure in one of my heavier landings on my less-than-perfect grass strip.

Flight testing will await the arival of the next batch of Specktrum DX7's. With all those servo extensions I'd rather not risk loosing the bird until these arrive. Anyway, the nose gear leg and retract is horrible, and needs a lot more work before it can fly.

Any electric Herc pilots out there?