RCU Forums - View Single Post - 101" C-130 arf
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Mr DJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 101" C-130 arf

ORIGINAL: randy m

Hi guys,got my asm c-130.my buddy got his too. we are going with gms 32 and was wanting to know what size and brand 3 blade would be best,thinking a ms 9-6 3 blade? all help walcome thanks randy I think maybe 8-6 or 8-7 3 blade

Randy M

I think there are two C-130 forums going on in here. On one of them, folks say that 2-strokes will vibrate the heck out of the nacelles eventually leading to problems and/or disaster. Also, 2-strokes will load up fuel continuously being inverted—another unnecessary headache.

I’m going with OS .40 4-strokes. I measured all areas—they will fit. The engine mounts are adjustable, so if you push them to the far right and left before tightening the socket head bolts to the firewall, they will fit just fine. The only thing is the head will protrude maybe by 10mm so you’ll have to cut a hole for that—no biggy—better cooling for the engines anyways.

Since I’m using the .40s, I will be trying APC 9x6 4-blade—yes, 4-blade. If not enough umff (power), I have 2-blades standing by. But for the 3-blade, yes, 9x6 are what I think you should go with. I have them on order also.

Mr DJ