RCU Forums - View Single Post - Peak Models 84" edge
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 AM
freebird1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Peak Models 84" edge

No flight report as of yet. I am so close to being ready. My DL is doing well so far so good. The mount was a real pain. I had to enlarge the whole in the fire wall and the carb is behind the firewall as I only needed an inch stand off to match the cowl. The Th servo works well where is in marked on the right side of the motor box, but you will have to make a 3/4 inch extention for the servo arm to match the carb linkage. The stab you are talking about is the first I have seen like it too. It should work well because it is solidly glued to the back and pin hinges are there as well. it is solidly glued on the top of the fuse aswell. I do think I will add some balsa to the top of the fuse. When you get your pull pull set be sure to add some glue to the threads as one on mine pulled out. I am using 3 bat and 1 on the El unit. The El bat is placed beside the tank and the other 3 are over the CG which is 130mm-135mm from the leading edge, or that is what peak (ARF) told me. You will need to reverse the EL. I used the futaba match box. Also those are some huge controls so I went with Hitec 95555 and 6 volts on the RX.GMoneyPit, I too looked at several planes and I think this is the best one for the money. I have the 26cc from ARF and I love it. I hope I can fly mine very soon. I just need to pick up a servo extention, switch, and do a final check over. I thought 3 switches would be enought, but I need one more. I hope this helps?