RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good cam for Zagi? (any of these?)
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
markm75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good cam for Zagi? (any of these?)

I'm not sure what the total weight of the Easystar would be with Lipos.. but it appears the TwinStar uses Nimh and weighs around 46oz? I guess the Twinstar could take another 3.5 Oz for camera and lipo pack for the camera transmitter?

Still this is alot heavier than my 26 oz nicad Zagi

This was my question, as to how the Easystar vs Twinstar would do in a good wind.. say 10mph or more.. frequently I can fly in this condition, even up to 15 mph with the zagi.. though it is an adventure.

I tried your faq link on the easystar again, this time the site seems down..

But I'm still waivering on which to get.. or both I guess the twinstar would run at or above $200 without radio, though I do have a field charger for nimh..

Would you convert the Twinstar to Lipo?

Do you currently use Lipos? If so.. do you charge attended in the house.. what do you use in house (an DC to AC converter and a lipo field charger with balancer, model?) Do you charge either in house or out in the field with batteries in a fire safe device (kind?).. do you store them in the house in a safe place or in the car during transit.. I'm almost reconsidering switching to Lipo due to the safety factor..

Cheers