RCU Forums - View Single Post - "News Flash!" New Sport Hydro Hull Tested!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:34 PM
rippin247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "News Flash!" New Sport Hydro Hull Tested!

Guys, I wanted to let everyone know that I just got finished testing the new, totally redesigned Insane Sport hydro hull. This boat is a result of months of testing and R&D work by Jeff at Insane Boats and I was able to get the second hull out of the mold! To make a long story short, This is the FASTEST boat I have ever driven.[X(] First time in the water the boats speed ranged from 68.3 to 71.5 mph with only some slight turn fin adjustments. Keep in mind, that this is in heat race trim, around the course with no signs of blowing off. This is due to the radically redesigned tunnel and outrigger style sponsons the boat is sporting. The deck, transom and cowling have also been totally redesigned. However, the boat still retains the same great looks and sleek design of the current Insane hydro. Also, the newly redesigned rudder is on the right of the strut, rather than the left side. These new features allow the boat to go through the turns with razor sharp speed and precision. The boat actually looks like it picks up speed in the corners.[X(] I'm not at liberty to give details on pricing or availability of the new boat because Jeff is not into full production on the hull yet. We want to start racing this boat in a few select areas around the county to fully test the prototype models before they go into mainstream production. I do know that It will be very light weight and strong due to the carbon fiber epoxy lay-up. Mine is an anemic 15 lbs. full of fuel! Production models should be the same. Look for this boat to start popping up at local races. I will have mine at the first points race of the D12 season. The Prop Twisters event in North Carolina, May 19 and 20th. [8D]