RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Photon Diff Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 06:32 PM
RADAR G-Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Photon Diff Problems

vzereeys,

Yea, this was definitely my bad. But I do have a tip that may help when yours arrives.

When I first got mine, I had some dificulty communicating with the Mamba ESC. First, the Steering and Throtle Reverse switches are labeled "N" and "R". The instructions don't say what "N" and "R" mean. I assumed the "N" stood for "Normal" and "R" stood for "Reverse". Apparently my assumption was wrong. I had to switch them both to the "R" position to work.

Also, I had to turn the Throtle Trim all the way down (counter clockwise), or close to it, or the Mamba would not recognize Reverse Trigger on the Tx..

Once the Reverse Switches were set, and the Throtle Trim turned all the way down, it went through the program. It took me a few tries to check all of the setings. Once you get the TX to talk to the Mamba, things can happen pretty quick. You have to learn the expected LED "codes" and know how to respond to them. It's all done with a series of LED flashes and trigger pulls/pushes (if you don't have a USB cable to use on your computer). If you have experience with doing this, you obviously won't have a problem. If you're like me, well........let's just say it took me a few tries.

Anyway, RC-Boss is wrong. It won't take five minutes to become addicted. But it may take a little longer than that to get up and going.

Hope you have a great experience. I can guarantee a little facial pain from the smile!!!

Apparently, we should stay in touch with this Support Forum. It's pretty obvious that it's well moderated.

Thanks guys. We'll be in touch.

HOOT

P.S. What does "N" and "R" stand for?