RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC SKDIVING FORUM
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC SKDIVING FORUM

Hi Ya'll,
Gary, that was quite a save---good show!!! I have been jumping 2 days this week. Went to Hodges Hobbies Wed and let Mac (the B-29 man) test fly the LM with 2 Mikes & a Charly on board. I have an Evolution 35cc with tuned pipe running a 19-8W APC prop turning 8000 RPM. It puuurs like a kitten! The take off is long and climb out is kinda slow but it carried tha load to jump Alt without too much delay. On Sat I went to a big Spring Flyin at the Macon, Ga club field. Made 2 jumps with the same load, 2 Mikes & 1 Charly. First flt we dropped at 776 ft and all jumpers hit the field close to the pilot in a 10-12 mph 45 degree crosswind. Just before the 2nd demo, the wind picked up to 15mph+ but we jumped anyway from 996 ft. Delayed the opening and hit the runway again with 1 Mike. The Charly had a line tangeled around an arm and just slowly circled with no control. It drifted across the road and landed between trees. The Mike I flew with the flag landed in the pits in front of the announcer. Wasn't getting any penetration at all with the flag hanging down. Just held it into the wind and let it rip. The crowd thought the landing was planned that way and loved it. Glad it didn't hit anyone or any parked planes.Wheeeeu! I talked to two other LM owners and neither was too impressed with the kit. One had his at the field and dropped 10 lbs of candy for the kids. Don't know what engine he has but it was noisy! I am using the Winged Shadow How High Altimeter with the See How gizmo to read the alt. It works pretty good. The photo shows the "Jump" Meister loaded and ready for the 2nd demo. Two more Flyins this month so I will be getting a lot of practice for the Somerset rally!! Ya'll look out!!!! Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33364.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	654613