RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:49 AM
Mode One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

I just took my Dynaflite SE5a to a Mall Show. I had weathered the sun exposed surfaces by rubbing and daubing thined white paint all over it. My metal skinned surfaces had bare metal exposed in high use areas by using the dry brushing method, using aluminum paint. The undersides had darker stained areas by using pastel chalks. I attempted not to over do this treatment as weathering can easily overwelm the subject.

I have a couple opinions on this, that and the other: 1). To the general public and most R/Cers, weathing effectivly makes the airplane disappear. 2). World War One airplanes hold less interest for the public then World War Two airplanes. 3). A highly detailed (in compairison) painted and weathered WW 1 airplane will be beaten by a shinny Monokoted WW2 airplane every time.

Is the above whinning? Absolutly! However it doesn't make my points less true, as they have been proven to me over many years of dragging airplanes to Mall Shows. So, why do I do it? For the DOOR PRIZES! I won a new Sullivan Starter and a Sig Something Extra ARF. I may sell the ARF on Ebay, so I will add some money to the R/C kitty!