RCU Forums - View Single Post - New BME Aircraft 30% Extra330L
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BME Aircraft 30% Extra330L

John,

No issues with the tank and I used the three line setup. The tubes are a pain once bent to get back in the tank but that goes for any tank. I never looked at the tanks in the production ones but I will tomorrow and see how that third piece is bent. I used the bent one shown in the picture as the fill line angled in a way so it was at the center of the tank inside the tank. With the two straight ones, I used one for vent at the top and the other for carb in the center. So looking at the tank assembled...the vent and fill lines go into the tank at the top and the carb line goes in at the center.

Also, never trust the rubber fuel tubing that comes with any kit from China. It really seems its not gas compatible and I have put out a warning against using it. Make sure you use Tygon tubing for all of your plumbing. I did use the rubber tubing in the prototype that came with it and had to replace it after a couple of months or so. I went out to fly one day and the motor would start and then die in about ten seconds. Went home and pulled the tank and the tubing had doubled in size and the clunk was now at the front of the tank...lol. Also make sure your clunk is not all the way against the back of the tank when you assemble it. What is your motor doing exactly?

Ken