RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight RC Yak 54 - 74 inch!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight RC Yak 54 - 74 inch!

Ah heck... and I thought it was accurate... (tee hee) Most of the digital scale you buy now (even the cheapee ones) are pretty accurate... as long as they are tested against base weights you can pretty sure it's fairly close...

I know why STG is interested... is because that's an incredible low weight... and we all want to make sure we know what items are used so perhaps if we can find lighter stuff we are unaware of we can look into it.

Also we always try and bring up things that MAY have been forgotten in the final weigh-in... it happens sometimes...

One of the reasons I like to be sure... is that if there IS a missed item, scale that's off, etc... then people who follow the items verbatim and come up considerably heavier get disappointed...

With the "in the air" items in the box being about 7.2 lbs and your completed weight at 11.25 lbs... You have 4 lbs in added stuff... or 64 oz...

The engine is 50 oz... leaving 14 oz for the rest...

Spinner 1.9 oz
4 x 5645 and 1 5895= 10.5 oz
PT Models Prop (20x10) 4.5 oz (A wood prop maybe 3 oz at the very least)
Fromeco 2600 3.3 oz
Duralight 950 2.5 oz
Miracle switch 1.1 oz

That's 23.5oz not including extensions, glue, velco, padding, plumbing, etc (and assuming the light wood Xoar prop)

Let's ballpark 2.5 oz for all the extras... So were are at 26 oz and you only had 14 to work with... somewhere we are missing 3/4 lbs...

I'm usually pretty good at figurmatin' an estimated weight (so is STG) and we are trying to find out what happened to 12 oz...

There could be some variance in "arf out of box weight" and maybe the engine was an oz or 2 lighter than spec'd... but still can't come up with 12 oz...

Again... not doubting your belief... just looking for a reason for a potential error or a pathway to get to that weight...