Thread: Edge540 26cc
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 AM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Edge540 26cc

ORIGINAL: DronN
Thanks, i appreciate your answer! But rally- For Let's say Futaba, or Hitec servos- They Cost 60 Eur/ Peace, i already practicly didn't eat three months to buy the plane and the servos, and now it looks like i need to throw them out, still didn't understand what in performance of those you dind't like?
The main problems with the TowerPro MG995 servos are:

1. The feedback pots wear very quickly and this causes even worse centering and oscillation than when they're new.
2. The motor and pot wires are unsupported and will fracture with vibration when run in a gas or large glow-powered plane
3. Although they are rated at 13.5Kg (by some resellers), the servo amps fail if they are run with any significant load on them for any length of time. The servo amp is potted onto the board and has very little thermal transfer so overheats.
4. They are very "noisy", puting high levels of electrical disturbance on the power leads and some receivers respond badly to this.

I still have one of these servos on the tail of my Katana P profile and it is so bad that you can't actually hover the plane with this servo in it. Because of the overshoot and lousy centering, it oscillates like a pendulum until you eventually lose it. Great for improving your reflexes but not good for your adrenaline levels.

When I put a standard HS425BB servo on rudder I can hover all day long, steady as a rock.

And are you 100% Sure that the servos woun't burn my SMC-16 to Hell in the air? I just want to be sure to spend those $ on POwerExpander, or something Else(Suggest if you know some small P-box), because it would be dum to crash a plane because the receiver just melted. Anyways, how much Amps or Ma does the 10Kg servo use at full power?
Unless your receiver is a real park-flier unit (in which case it shouldn't be going in a gas-powered plane anyway) it should handle decent servos just fine.

I'm using a Berg 7P in my Mojo 60 3D ship (with a Saito 100 up front) and this has two HS5925 high-speed coreless digital servos on the tail and some Futaba S3010 hi-torque servos on the ailerons. This combination has never missed a beat -- despite the fact that the receiver weighs just 9g.