RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats the worst flying plane you ever had your hands on??
Old 02-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Fly4Fun2
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the worst flying plane you ever had your hands on??

I had a Marks Model Fun Scale Pitts back in the early or mid-80's. I am surprised I ever got it off the ground. Used a .25 - weighted a ton, and the wings were two pieces of slab balsa glued at an angle to give an airfoil - if you could call it that.

Another one was a .40 size Long EZ. When I bought it, I asked the guy how it flew. He answered "Very scale-like". Since I have flown a real one - I responded, "You mean grossly underpowered?" He said - Yep" - and wasn't lying. It did OK. Took about 300 feet of pavement to lift off and flew at full power all the time. Never went too fast, but looked cool. I was adjusting the needle valve and got the top of my middle finger between the first and second nuckle in the prop. Normal engines it would have just pushed my hand out of the way, but on a pusher, it grabs it and took a chuck out about 3/4" long by 1/4" wide. Sold the plane - - still have the scar. I am done with pushers!