RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats the worst flying plane you ever had your hands on??
Old 02-18-2003, 10:43 PM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plain planes

Interesting... I've got a Marks Models SE5, ready to cover, and I hope it flies better than the Pitts seemed to. Putting a .40 LA on it.

Also had the Tequila Sunrise, you're right, it lands like a sick brick, but it flew great at high speed, until the battery failed at about 300 feet up. Wasn't anything left after that. Wonderful knife-edge that thing had.

I guess the worst plane I'd ever had (so far) was a EZ Models Christen Eagle that I got off Ebay. Had an TT .25 on it, and I never knew where that plane was going to next! It needed twice the power, and it was already heavy. It was about the most unstable thing I'd ever touched, and it wasn't tail heavy, either. It just did weird stuff. Would not turn right most of the time, unless you piled enough rudder into it to almost make it snap, would ground loop by just bringing the fuel can near it, and just plain wore me out!
I thought I was a pretty good pilot until that thing got a hold of me. It ended up being sold for a 1/4 what I paid for it to an old man who said he was going to hang it in his grandson's room. It still looked great, so that was the best thing for it. I wanted to take a hammer to it...

phil in austin