RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats the worst flying plane you ever had your hands on??
Old 02-19-2003, 04:57 AM
Nitro Blast
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Thunder Tiger Sport 40 L

Take a look at one huge piece of crap. This pig just misses the mark. Looks ok, was easy to build, has a foam core wing, and had a great hardware pack to go with it. What's the problem? I flies like a pig. With adequate elevator throw, it will tip-spin. It takes all day to do a loop, and wont knife-edge for 10 feet. Save your money, I wish I did! I would strongly recommend not buying this plane, because if you are skills are fairly new, you wont understand why it acts like it does, and you will be disappointed. I was able to improve flight performance with dialing in some aileron differential and some flaperon. Mixing the rudder only made it more like a pig. I don't think everyone has the time/patience/skill to make a bad design fly well. Thunder Tiger should have considered that. I even tried to make it better by adding a tuned pipe to the motor, but everything I did to make it better just bummed me out more. I finally gave it the flying burial it deserved by plowing it in.

G A R B A G E !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	56557_7337.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	35263