View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: STS Engines

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

Here is one more question that I havent been able to get an answer on.

When they say the base needle setting are

LSN -- 4.5 turns out from the end
HSN -- 3 turns out from the end
Idle -- 0.5mm open

Does that mean screw the needles clockwise until they won't turn anymore (they are all the way in or full lean) and then back them out those number of turns? If so, the LSN needle setting seems awfully lean for a factory setting. It's not even flush like the HPI engines when it is 4.5 turns out from all the way in. It's still recessed pretty good. And the LSN needle really seems loose. I put some Teflon tape around the threads, but it still doesn't seem as tight as my Axial or my Mach carb.

Anyway, some clarification on this would be nice.

okay take your STS carb off the motor....... install you Axial carb...the Axial carb will fit and be easier to tune.... you likely have a leaky needle

and yes the STS settings are from fully close counter clockwise..... the LSN should be about 1.5 mm outside the housing, and the HSn about 2 mm inside of flush
I will do that. My LSN is no where near being 1.5 mm outside the housing. At 4.5 out it's more like 1.5 mm inside.

Will the base needle setting still apply with the Axial carb? (4.5 out LSN, 3 out HSN)?

you are counting 1/2 turns as full turns....