RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:27 AM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54

Saaweet! Nice job although if I had a picture of Calvin peeing on a JR transmitter I'd post it up You've got me thinking about finishing mine now.

I haven't even looked at my 50cc even though it has been ready to cover for about two or three weeks. The weather out there is too depressing and doesn't look to improve for a while yet so what's the point?! Instead, I have been toiling away with my little eYak. It is all ready to go except I need to make a canopy. Built a vacuum forming box and am going to go pick up some plastic to form one over a mold I made. All up weight with 1500 Mah 3 cell lipo and everything else will be 24 oz which is an ounce or two heavier than I anticipated. I could probably shave that extra weight by switching out my servo extensions but I had some HD gauge ones lying around and figured I'd use them. I have a Himax 2025-4200 motor on there for now but ended up ordering a slightly more powerful outrunner for it. I did a totally "ghetto" covering job on it since it is a test platform and will take time with the second build if the maiden flight goes as planned.

Great work Brent and enjoy the fruits of your labor! It really is rewarding creating something like that from nothing and seeing it fly well.

Cheers,

John