RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Guide and FAQs
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 07:55 AM
1/8 buggy sean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Guide and FAQs

"At this point, it is okay to do 1 second WOT (wide open throttle, aka 100% throttle) bursts."

(Q-1)when you say it is ok to do this, do you mean it is recommended? you say to drive the car through it's rpm range. does this mean drive it like normal, but not at wot for too long? my question is how gingerly should i be driving the car during the first 20 minutes? if you could explain a little more in detail how much throttle i should give the engine in detail i'd appretiate it. like should i just squeeze the trigger fully and let off wait a second and do that again, and again, etc? after 20 minutes of breaking the engine in i can assume the engine is broken in and drive it as i please?

(Q-2)is this what people consider the "heat cycle method"?

(Q-3)what's a good way to measure temp? venom temp meter? what temp gun? some are better then others.

i commend you for writing such a thorough engine guide. thank you. i just got my 4th engine, a rb 928 and want to make sure i break it in properly. i've been in and out of the hobby over the years and when i started i was told to let the car sit and idle for the first 3 tanks.

thank you again