RCU Forums - View Single Post - Servos For A 3D Gas Plane
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 06:05 PM
efish
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servos For A 3D Gas Plane

Wow, thanks so much the very useful info and the sample setups - its exactly what I was looking for. Guess there's no substitute for experience and it's good to be able to get help from guys who are actually doing it.

HITCTTD and XJET - your posts are going to be a standard reference for me as I go gas; wonder why such info is almost impossible to find on a google search as compared to the vast plethora of info available on nitro setups.

I guess all of you guys just saved me from a crash or three by warning me off about sticking nyon geared servos in a gas plane.

Was advised locally just to stick Hitec 645 MGs on the plane, but the transit times look a suspect to me. Then again, there aren't many 3D fliers I've met, whether on nitro or gas. Someone even *strongly* suggested I put JR DS 821s on the plane.

Anyhow, at the moment, I'm leaning towards the Hitec 925 and/or 945MGs. They do seem to provide the best bang for my servo dollar; I don't really want to skimp or to splurge, just want to put decent money down on a decent setup. I don't think I'm a good enough flier to deserve the titanium geared servos....

Thanks again so much guys for your interest, time and expertise. Its all very much appreciated.