RCU Forums - View Single Post - Without my Slow Stick tonight...
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 09:33 PM
IndyFlyer
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Without my Slow Stick tonight...

It never crossed my mind - coming home WITHOUT my slow stick. Right now my SS is about 60 feet in the top of a maple tree. I have a digital camera with a 2 Gig SD card that is probably still recording the darkness as I type. That brushless motor, 15 A ESC and the brand new 3 cell lipo are all there too!

It has taken a couple of wild rides and it has some scars to prove it, but I never imagined losing it to a tree! I called a 24 hr. tree service and they wanted $400. I told them that the plane was worth about 1/2 of that. I am very anxious right now because we are getting ready to receive a storm that is not common for this season. We are looking at a potential 1 - 3" of rain/sleet/snow. I am very new to these electronic planes, but I know it won't fly the same after that.

I am so bummed out right now. It is a feeling of helplessness. I know it will be destroyed by the precipitation within hours. I am trying to numb myself with the Bud Lights right now, but it is almost giving me more of a sick feeling than helping me. Hopefully, I can get over this and move on to my next plane. My wife and I are expecting, so spending money on fun stuff like this is going to be tuff to do.

I'll let everyone know how this turns out...