RCU Forums - View Single Post - Toledo 2007 was,,,,ok,,(sigh),,
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Toledo 2007 was,,,,ok,,(sigh),,

I have to agree from a visitors standpoint. I've been hitting the show since the old days at the Sports Arena across the river. A lot of the regular dealers were no-shows this year. The fuel dealers I heard were selling fuel inside on Friday but it must be that the Fire Marshal must have came in a booted the fuel outside. Three dealers that normally have large booths loaded with cases of fuel ended up by sitting there with a table plus a couple of chairs taking orders for outside pick-up.
I was there Saturday and the crowds did seem to be smaller than previous years. I heard that Friday was slower than normal also as I went there 2 years ago on a Friday and it was just about as busy as any Saturday.
Gas prices almost made me want to stay home and may have been a factor for others not to make the drive.
The plane competition was down this year as there was plenty of open spaces on the tables but the competition was still just as tough.
You're far from the first to complain about the hotel as I've heard the same thing all over the place about it. The "food" was terrible and way over-priced so nothing new there. I had to pay $3.00 for a Pepsi because my blood sugar was dropping. I went to the new Packo's At The Park afterwards to eat.