RCU Forums - View Single Post - What parts did you use to build your CMP P-51 140? (Build thread)
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What parts did you use to build your CMP P-51 140? (Build thread)

I asked Damroadhog if he had any ideas for hiding the rudder linkage and he sent me the following idea. Seems pretty good.

For the rudder, internal linkage use (2) screws by cutting the head off , grind a flat on it and drill a hole in it. This method requires a smaller slot in the rear
Now before you install the rudder on the plane you have a point on the rudder where this meets the fuselage screw one in for the left side angling to the right and one in for the right going to the left above or below the other one, keep the angle small so you get good rudder left and right. Now cut a slot at the rear of the fuselage just big enough for them to get inside , slip the rudder on the hinges and check the alignment and free play .make this slot just below the horizontal stab to help hide it. When happy epoxy them into the tail rudder
attach pull-pull cables and feed through the slot
( remember this is NOT a 3 D air plane and you do not need more than 35 mm left or right, for flight you would probably never use that much, I would be surprised if you ever need or used more than 10 mm, your tail wheel on a pull-pull will do all the work on the ground) 99% of the time you never touch the rudder in flite but to make a click or two, for correct yaw, the only time I would worry about rudder travel is with a twin engine or 3 D plane .