RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Cat 31
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Toycollector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Cat 31

ORIGINAL: dan.revo

cavitation??
and its not really a slight delay. it goes slow for 1 or 2 minutes. even in almost glass water.
i am using the stock prop

Dan it sounds like you have a carb problem. I didnt get mine in the water until after I had figured out the totally mis adjusted carb, but when first breaking it in on land it ran much like you describe.

I think what was happening is that the factory low speed needle setting will actually flood the carb and engine, and even though you can still get it too run it will not be able to throttle up until it clears most of the extra fuel. It can also do just the opposite and allow the engine to race up real fast with no throttle input too so be carefull.

One thing I found so valuable in this thread was the info on how messed up the stk carb settings were, and I cant begin to explain the extreme difference in how this thing runs from just starting from scratch and setting your needles RIGHT and fine tuning from that point. I guess night and day would be the closest.

If you didnt read the whole thread (I dont blame you, but I do recoment it) just keep in mind that even at 2-1/2 turns out the low speed can be so rich it will give you problems so dont be afraid to experiment with different settings until it runs. Just keep in mind that you really want to be on the rich side and should richen it up until it starts to run poorly, and then turn back just a hair.

There is plenty of info on this earlier in the thread that gets more technical than this if you like.