RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maxamps.com WARNING
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 PM
y7deluxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxamps.com WARNING

I just purchased a 7.4v 6000HV 2S2P LIPO pack from maxamps.com Mine had the 12AWG, Thunder Power Taps and Out the top installed on top of everything. I got the first battery pack and it was 142mm long when they claimed it to be 137mm long. Talked to a tech over the phone and he told me that it was too long because I had the out the top added on. Sent it back, got the next one in the mail with it going out the side instead. That one was 138.9mm long. Called the techs back, they told me I had to smash some tape at the top of the battery down to get it to fit. My car has 138mm available for space, after pushing the tape down at the top, the battery pack was 137.9xmm long. Had to really ram it into the car to get it to fit, but finally it fit. Maxamps.com worked with me on all help that I needed. They refunded my money for the out the top and also refunded the shipping money from having to send the first pack back to them. I just wanted to make this post to warn others of the fitting sizes because they don't warn you of this on their website. Also, one thing that I forgot to ask the techs about was whether or not it'd be 137mm if I went with the 14AWG wire over the 12AWG... might be something to consider if you're pressed for space...