RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Adrians flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Well we flew it today and the only trouble we had with the gear was that it twisted inside the block causing to take on a "semi retract" sort of configuration. Took it over to my friends shop and we have some fiberglass reinforced epoxy lining the blocks now on the inside and it has stiffened up the gear trememdously. My friend flew all the takeoffs and landings, I'm a tail dragger pilot and have to get used to three wheels again. It's been a while, and since it was the maiden flights, I wanted someone who knew what the heck he was doing. I could use some advice about the darned receiver antenna wire as to the best routing. You can see by my pictures how we addressed it, but we took some strong hits today at the field (only two other flyers out there and they were on Spektrums) so I"m not sure our arrangement is best.

ORIGINAL: GSK

Looks the part can I suggest that you reverse the rear undercariage legs

If you leave where they are now you will have a lot of trouble getting the model off the ground, in fact it could leap into the air and stall if you are not careful,
you really need to have those rear wheels closer to the C/G so that It can rock a little on the rear wheels

They do fly well with no vices as long as the C/G Is correct
cheers G.