RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone want to see video of the next Warbird race at SAMs?
Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone want to see video of the next Warbird race at SAMs?

Hey Mr. Clean,

The day of the races looked pretty bad for weather so I didn't take a camcorder with me.
As I didn't expect the races to happen I also neglected to take all my repair equipment with me.
Well, I screwed up! The day turned out just fine with the nasty rainy stuff happening only after the racing was well over.
One of the other club members did get some vids of the day and I plane to get the tape from him and upload it later.
Sorry.

The weather did have an effect on the day as the crew from Minden / Gardnerville didn't make it and there were many bronze and gold racers that were absent.

I guess the silver racers were the true stalwarts with 15 in that class alone.

By the way, it's really unnerving to have an aileron servo go out on you part way through a race!
Especially when it's your FIRST race of the season! No more Hitec 475HBs for me!
Thankfully I was able to replace the bas servo for the next heat and my flying smoothed out a bit after that.
I had two 1st place finishes one 4th and a breakout at 1:59 and change! That was a bit frustrating. But it was a very fun race!
More later