RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 07:24 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

If this thread is only about building the plane as per the manual, then I guess thats been done and there is no need for anybody to post anything again. All the needed info is contained within. As a matter of fact, if thats the case, then this thread was unnecessay because I think all of us are capable of reading a manual.

I would hope thats not the case. It certainly is possible for there to be some veriances from one plane to another. If somebody has trouble with incidence, landing gears, engine mounts ect.. I think this is the place to get good advice, or it was.

I've noticed over the years a serious decrease in participation from the older real intelligent people in our hobby, guys that have been in the hobby for 40, 50 and 60 years. Ever notice up on top all the names viewing this thread that you never hear from? Some of these are experienced modelers just sitting back laughing, thinking " I could tell them how to fix that, but I'm not saying anything, I'll just be told I'm wrong, or it doesn't matter", or God knows what. Why would somebody subject themself to this abuse, smart people don't do that.

I really hope that the people with trim incidence problems let us know what they did to fix it. And what the effect was. Thats the kind of stuff I'd to know before I start hogging out holes. If we make people feel like they are beating a dead horse, (by the way that was a funny picture) or silly for not accepting 10 clicks of up trim, these people will just clam up. Lets protect healthy discussion and keep this an inviting place to post information about flying, fixing, modifying and building this plane.
Its this discussion that helps the manufacturer know whats wrong (if anything) and what we would like to see changed (if anything)

Some things probably don't belong here. Possibly feelings about paying too much, not getting a good plane and just overall words that don't help anybody especially bashing product or people.

I don't wish to offend anybody, and I hope I have not.

john