RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jamara Spitfire60 ARTF(+ retracts)!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 09:06 AM
ozspit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jamara Spitfire60 ARTF(+ retracts)!

This thread has been dead for a while but I managed to get my replacement SA Spit up and flying for my club's Warbird day! The OS 91FSII is running really well and the aircraft is a dream to fly. I kept the cowl cutouts to a minimum, disguising the inlet as the aircraft code and cutting holes in the firewall to take the outlet air through the bottom of the former at the wing root. I'm running a bit rich but so far have had no overheating problems. The dummy exhausts and radiators (recovered from my previous model) are home built. I did a bit of research and found that SZ-G was at times the aircraft of Polish ace Aleksander Gabszewicz so I added a few decals taken from info gleaned from the net to add interest if not perfect scale realism!
Here's some photos at home after the maiden and an "in flight" from the warbird day.
Unfortunately I lost the canopy in mid air last week. I've managed to make a half decent plug from the remains of my old SA Spit canopy. I am going to make a vacuum forming box so I can make a replacement as I don't think I can purchase one here in Oz. (Let me know if you can!) The Topflite canopy is too small.
A fellow clubmember also has an SA Spit painted up in Aussie MkVIII colours as per the real one now preserved at Temora NSW. He's running an OS120FS! Flies it at half throttle most of the time!
PS My all up weight is 3300g. CoG 100mm from leading edge. No added weight, battery is over the fuel tank for balance. Prop is 14/6 Master Airscrew K Series.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45862.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	673862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93088.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	673863   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26174.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	75.0 KB