RCU Forums - View Single Post - c-160 transall
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 06:35 AM
schwatd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: c-160 transall

Hello,

Finally got up enough nerve to do some testing and found out some very interesting results. For everyone that told me a 25 couldn't turn a 4 bladed prop fast enough to produce worthwhile thrust, well, you must have never met a broken in OS MAX 25 FX. I put 4 bladed 9x6 on those little monsters and the change in the aircraft was remarkable. Gone was the instantanious power curve that I think everyone is use to, including me, but the throttle response is so sloped now that flying is much more pleasurable, the plane flys and handles like a military high performance cargo aircraft, taxis well though moderately high grass and the takeoff roll is very predictable. My next test of these little monsters are a pair of 4 bladed 10x6s, Oh the thrust on the 9x6s was about 8 - 10 pounds, not sure if my fish scale is working correctly but it sure was more thrust than the planes 7 pound weight. I've got a 25LA from OS and I don't think it has anywhere near the torque or final output power. I don't think I would have tried these if I didn't have the 25FXs they really are little power houses.

Engine out is still very scarey as the yaw input by the one remaining engine is vercious but if you go to idle quickly and then reapply power and corrected rudder the plane seems to resond better than the two bladed version of engine out. I think because of the different power curves supplied by the props. anyway hope this helps some folks that have been wondering if or should they try.