RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Erich_Prinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

Seth,

What was the advantage of creating the original, then the mold, and then the final product for the bezel?

Thanks for the tip on the Alumilite too -- they have a nice section on making climbing wall hand holds - another project in the wings for me!!

How's the surgery coming along for the engine mount?

Erich

ORIGINAL: Sethhunter

Hi Guys!
A few recent pictures. This is the first time I've used Alumilite's casting resin and silicon molding compound. Boy it works nice. I used it to make a few instrument bezels. The Tach is made by mounting a bezel on the front of the instrument panel, a plexiglass lens behind it, another bezel in back for spacing (to create an air gap). The graphic is a reconstruction of the Morell Phylax tach on http://www.memaerobilia.com/instrumentselection.asp. Shadowing under the needle is part of the graphic. It looks better than my attempts at making the needle separate. I think the doors on each side of the tach provide to access the machine gun mounts for aligning them. I think some planes left these open - some didn't have a panel at all. I've turned the beast over to begin surgery to fit the DA50. While upsidedown, I included a pic of the tailskid (Alan - I know; it still needs some dirt spray on the underside!). Now the hacking begins!!