RCU Forums - View Single Post - Illegal?
Thread: Illegal?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Limit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Illegal?

So I was flying my SuperCub, Stryker F27C being shipped as I type. My backyard connects directly to my city's largest/open park. About 6 soccer fields, a frisbee golf course, 2-3 baseball diamonds, 2 parking lots, walking path, etc... I usually just fly around the soccer fields, and land on them since I'm fairly new. Today, I decided to land in a parking lot(went very smoothly twice). As I was walking back home, a city worker(kinda a manager) says it's illegal to fly planes "back there"(parking lot connected to baseball diamonds). I don't know if he meant the whole park in general, I've seen someone else fly there before, and me and my brother have both flown a good 10-20 times with no trouble.

Just wondering why it'd be illegal... I can see not flying when soccer games are going on and such, but how could it be dangerous to people or property?

This was kinda a vent, but also curious as to if anybody else has had this problem. Perfect flying area with no people around and they don't want us to fly there. Plus I just walk out my back yard.