RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interferrence or lost FM radio signal?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Sky High

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interferrence or lost FM radio signal?

ORIGINAL: Old Man Mike

I thought that the loss of signal safety feature (you know how they demonstrated it by taking a sledge hammer to the transmitter) would prevent a total loss of power if the signal was lost or blocked by interference. ...
Well, I don't think the DF is losing signal from the Tx because then it would go into auto land. The factory setting for that is full throttle with a gradual reduction. To see this function at work, either weigh or tie down the DF with something and turn off the Tx while the DF is armed and on the ground and see what happens. It will scare the #$!% out of you! To recover just turn the Tx back on. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3746141]This[/link] is what happened to me with LOS. You can program it with custom stick settings for auto land. Anyway, I think the issue is just power interruption to the motors but not to the receiver because if the receiver loses power, the board resets and nothing is going to save you then.

ORIGINAL: Old Man Mike

... SkyHigh, I wonder if you have this most recent design.
No, I don't have the latest board with the Berg receiver. Can you post a picture of your board?