RCU Forums - View Single Post - I've joined the "Dark Side" II
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I've joined the "Dark Side" II

ORIGINAL: Clipclop

I've avoided the electric world because it does not create a carbon foot print and contribute to controversy. How much footprint does an ignited lipo battery cause? Where can I buy "carbon offsets" to counter the climate damage my nitro and gas engines create? How many trees must I plant to offset a 10 minute flight? The dark side devotees can't answer these questions, so fuel up and fly.
Actually, if truth be told, and you look at the "life cycle" of electric components, they are FAR worse for the environment than glow or gas. They have a huge carbon footprint just in the energy expended making the things, and lets not even get into the hazardous materials that they contribute to landfills...that will eventually leak into the groundwater.

So, you can try them out and have no fear of electrics not creating a carbon footprint, as they most assuredly do. If algore and his minions are out of carbon offsets, I'm pretty sure I have a few in my back pocket I could sell ya!!!

Also, don't forget that any trees you plant to offset a 10 minut flight only work if they are on the center of the runway where they can best capture the fumes.