RCU Forums - View Single Post - That's it, I'm selling, I'm sick of the cp pro.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: That's it, I'm selling, I hate the cp pro.

ORIGINAL: Pearl_414

Hi Gents,

Xeos and Yoda, I wouldn't doubt the T-Rex has a better setup, but I just dont like the idea of a belt drive and having to autorotate. I would rather have a motor that more then likely will keep running and allow me to land my heli safely, insted of having to really risk crashing my heli. Either way, I think they are both great heli's for what they are worth. Happy Hovering!

Pearl
I don't see what you are worried about. With a belt driven tail, or shaft driven for that matter, the tail is at a constant rpm in preportion to the main rotor. When you want to change your yaw angle you increase or decrease the pitch of the tail. This can be done as fast as your tail servo can move. So in the case of my 9254 on my hawk, the transit time is around .06 seconds to full positve tail rotor, or full negative. An independent tail rotor can take as long as 1 second to get up to speed. Also, autorotation is not a required thing, in theory even a cp pro could do it if it had a one way bearing. The pilot decides to go into autorotaion when he wants. All landings can be made under power and direct control. Having your heli auto capable is a good thing, if something happens in the air to the tail or engine you can land safley.