RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twinstar II Lipo Battery confusion/decisions (3s 2500-3200 ideal) thoughts?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:45 PM
markm75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twinstar II Lipo Battery confusion/decisions (3s 2500-3200 ideal) thoughts?

ORIGINAL: twinturbostang
I dont think I asked you this before.. but for your custom pan/tilt setup.. do you have any details on how you did this.. is that just standard plywood or balsa you used for the base board?

I was thinking of taking two servo's and somehow joining them together to give both pan/tilt with the camera.. but I'm not sure on this.

Initially I wont be doing First person flying, just video recordings.. but I want to get everything set ahead of time.

Do you think I should rig up the tilt/pan now, so I dont have to redo it later.. if just doing the camera.. would I want it pointed straight ahead or slightly downward (for static video recording, maybe trying FPV from a laptop at some point though).. What position is best to put the camera.. I originally was thinking somewhere on the Nose, but the canopy seems to be more popular..

Any tips on the whole gryo thing.. did you get your gyro and goggles as one unit (i'm not too familiar with gyros).. Do you need a gyro on both the plane and the goggles..

Eventually I was going to get a goggle setup like this.. with gryo built in : http://www.rc-tech.ch/web/index.php?...mid=26&lang=en

I'm assuming these goggles are good as well.

How are your goggles in sunlight.. do you need to shade them at all?

Thanks for any help

I'm almost ready to get the camera gear going