RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rossi Tuning- How To?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
stnick
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossi Tuning- How To?

I bought a Patriot ARF on RCU a few weeks ago with a supposedly low time ready to fly Rossi 45. ( please don't say I told you so...) I took it to the field yesterday and gassed her up with 15% and she fired right up and idled beautifully. I ran it up and down for a about 15 seconds and then leaned over to adjust the high end. That's when I noticed no matter how much I turned the mixture screw, it made no difference. I actually took the screw out while idleing and fuel simply came out. Anyway, one guy said he had the same problem and it was a rusty rear bearing... This is my first rossi so I wnet into it and the bearing looked great, as did the crank, rod and piston. I took the carb off and dismantled it and found a small piece of silicone in the barrell. I reassembled and took off for the maiden. The engine seemed fine until I raised the gear and she died immediately. i'm sure that was just coincidence since no fuel lines are near the nose gear, but I had to dead stick on the maiden and I greased it in. My concern is how do you tune the high end? Is it not like and OS or a Saito? It just doens't make too much difference and when it does make a difference it takes a lot of turns.
Nick