RCU Forums - View Single Post - That's it, I'm selling, I'm sick of the cp pro.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:40 PM
xeos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: That's it, I'm selling, I'm sick of the cp pro.

You know... I love my CP Pro... but yesterday was so horrible that it was the first time I've actually considered retiring it. I had run 3 batteries through it with no problems whatsoever, inspected the bird between each pack while the main motor cooled a little, everything looked tip-top. Slipped the 4th pack in and get about 20' off the ground, leaned the bird over to the left to begin some lateral sliding practice and one of the balls breaks off the paddle control frame, bird goes nuts in mid-air for obvious reasons and slams into the ground... rolling 3 times. Flybar bent, paddle control frame destroyed, CF blades destroyed, spindle bent, main shaft bent, one mixer arm assembly destroyed, 3020 tail prop broken, rotor head frame cracked. Amazingly the superskids survived, as did the titanium superboom and all the electronics/motors. By far the worst crash I've ever had with any bird, and it wasn't even my fault!

Upon close inspection of the area where the ball broke off the paddle control frame I noticed that there was an air bubble in the plastic right behind where the ball was molded. The break was exactly down the middle of the bubble, one half in the frame, the other half presumably in the ball itself, but who knows where that ended up in the field behind my house. Gotta love costly crashes due to POOR manufacturing of parts.

Needless to say I'm pretty upset with Eflite & my CPP at the moment. The TREX that's partially built on my shelf looks like it's finally gonna get done since giving eflite any more money for replacement junk plastic parts chaps my hide currently. Especially when this crash could have been avoided by oh... I dunno, a little quality control?