RCU Forums - View Single Post - New CDI - opensource project JMJ and Bigboat
Old 05-05-2007, 02:26 AM
venomxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New CDI - opensource project JMJ and Bigboat

Well, what program are you guy using to program the chip ? I'm getting frustrated with this project ... lol thinking of calling it quit but I dont think i will. It WILL work no matter how many times I have to re-etch, or re-solder and checkin the parts.
I found a 6pin chips from an adapter, I think it's some sort of voltage regulator.... what the hell, I plugged it in and played around with it. The only thing i'm a bit scare of is the transformer. It looks pretty big on the board and I wouldn't want to get a jolt from it unexpectedly.

So how do I test this board ? I checked for voltage and the board seems to have power relaying throughout. However, the coil doesn't have any power in them yet. hmmm poking around as long as I dont touch anything with my bare hands will be okay ? ... I hope nothing going to start going up in smoke or worse blow up!

By the way, the capacitors 100u on the schematics. What are they ? Electrolitic ? Ceramics ? ... I can't seem to find anything labeled 100u at Fry's electronics nor online. The capacitors im using are some Alluminum 10uf surface mount (wrong item from Dkey since I thought they were least expensive!)

Bobine, is that where the Spark coil connections be soldered in ?
----

One last question: Back to the Spark coil, which wires to solder to which ? I have the pic illustrated on the previous post.

3:25am here.. im getting sleepy