RCU Forums - View Single Post - My crash
Thread: My crash
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My crash

You just never know on finding your plane. I lost a plane last fall into a very densely overgrown creek bed behind our field. You needed a machattee to get into the stuff and the creek is in a very deep gulley. Conventional wisdom was that the plane was lost forever, along with a number of other ones. A couple weeks back, an ex member of the club came out ans was doing hi-how-are-you's with some of the guys and the subject of my lost plane came up. He flatly stated, "I'll find it for you" and the next day, he did. It was a mess, but I got back about 80% of the salvagable stuff. Radio, three of the five servos, engine, fuel tank. Lost was the wing and the landing gear. Turns out this guy has a real knack for finding lost planes. We have a couple stock ponds adjacent to our field and they swollow a plane or heli on a regular basis. He seems to be able to pull them out of the pond also. By the way, the pond is a good 30 ft deep at its center. Zero visibility in the water.

Who knows, you may have a "finder" like him around also.

Don

PS, the antenna tube is a thin, hard walled plastic tube, like a push rod tube, but just big enough for the wire to fit through. I keep the antennas inside the fuselage. I have a quickee 500 that I aquired already built that has the antenna wire running to the top of the vertical stab. I'm always catching it on something. I like them low in the fuse and if they need more length, I exit as far back as possible and just let the excess flutter behind the plane. Just make sure it doesn't fowl any of the linkages.

Don